Hills & Company's clients have consisted of Fortune 500 businesses, other global firms, and associations in the agriculture, food and beverage, consumer products, aerospace/defense, technology, telecommunications, financial services/insurance, energy, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices sectors.
Our successes on behalf of our clients include:
- Obtaining substantial reductions in discriminatory taxes applied by India, China, Egypt, Argentina, and Pakistan to goods produced by major U.S. firms.
- Persuading Russian, Argentine, East European, Mexican, and Philippine officials to reduce tariffs on clients' products.
- Securing investment incentives and expedited approvals from Indonesia, Russia, Pakistan, Japan, and China.
- Persuading Japanese officials to change regulations that impeded foreign participation in the financial services sector.
- Resolving disagreements over sanitary, phytosanitary and product standards in China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Assisting clients in retaining tax incentives in Brazil and Costa Rica targeted for elimination.
- Resolving disputes between joint venture partners in Mexico, Indonesia, China, and South Korea, over such issues as work stoppages, poor managerial performance, intellectual property issues, and delays in implementing contractual obligations.
- Counseling a client on major projects in Peru and Nigeria to establish productive relationships with key government, business, and non-profit leaders.
- Resolving customs audit issues for a client exporting to Mexico
- Persuading the United States and the European Union to support energy services negotiations in the World Trade Organization.
- Ensuring the European Union's, the United States', and other foreign governments' support for the inclusion of specific services negotiations in the Doha Development Round.
- Advancing telecommunications licensing procedures in India.
An illustrative list of current and previous clients includes: